Although the blog is intended for ER uncle to share his personal finance ideas, I decided to hi-jack his blog to share my fav items that bring me constant joy. Every time I pick up the item, I get this immersive feeling of satisfaction and can’t help to think “I am so glad I got this”. ER uncle and I are all about spending on things that truly matters to us (video game for ER uncle, fashion and beauty items for me, and experiences for both of us). I do splurge quite a bit more than ER uncle. Every time I splurge, I try to make sure I get the highest happiness return for my $$. Here is a series of successful items and I share it a Steal vs. Splurge format.
Today we are talking about my fav lip products
This is the lip balm I current use. At less than $3 for such a big box, it has great results.
Why I love it:
- It seals in moisture, so it works great for my dry lips in harsh winter compared to a typical Burt’s bee lip balm.
- It feels light weight and less oily than the Kiehl’s lip balm #1 I have been using.
- It smells great unlike the Kiehl’s one that smells like stinky petroleum jelly . I got the rose one and love the smell. It can be a little strong and there are other scents out there to choose from.
- It comes in a tin that’s super cute. The holiday sweater one from Target just melts my heart<3
I really should got this one that’s 0.25oz and comes more portable. With the tin, it is not as easy to apply as a typical lip balm in a tube. But I could not resist how cute the tin is.
I get very dry lips in winter and most lip colors makes my lips even dryer to the point they will bleed and hurt. So for years I do not use any lip colors in winter. This Tint-in-oil totally changes my life.
Why I love it:
- It is a lip oil that’s extremely moisturizing.
- It give a hint of color that looks natural and not so make-up heavy. I would put on foundation and this tint-in-oil and I am ready to go.
- It is lightweight and melts onto your lips. Starts out shiny like lip oil and dries into a matte finish.
- Its applicator has a unique shape that make application fun and easy.
- It smells like peach & its bottle looks so pretty. You can engrave it for free if you get it from the YSL site – makes it feel so special!
No regrets. This is perfect. I got the #5 Cherry Me Cherrie. Will replenish when I run out and may try a different color too.
I also have YSL’s Rouge Volupté Lipstick which I think is just ok and not worth the $37. But the tint-in-oil is totally worth it.